Holy grail cleansing balm alert!
Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm is a product I've seen get a lot of love by the fabulous Caroline Hirons, Tanya Burr, and many other UK beauty bloggers. While browsing through Liberty in London, I found it in one of the displays and decided to buy it and see if it lives up to the hype. And oh, does it ever. It is the hype.
Here's what the Emma Hardie website has to say:
- Award winning Moringa Cleansing Balm is a balanced daily cleanser that thoroughly cleanse deep in the pores, moisturises and calms all skin types
- Grape Seed Oil and Sweet Almond Oil rich in essential fatty acids help to plump and soften
- Moringa seed extract, Wild Sea Fennel and Vitamin E balance, purify and help to minimise the appearance of open pores
- Essential oils of Orange, Neroli and Mandarin rejuvenate and revitalise the skin whilst calming the senses
- Jasmine and Rose help to recondition dull, dry, dehydrated and mature skins
- Removes all traces of face and eye make-up and is so pure it doubles as a soothing and hydrating mask if left on the skin for ten minutes.
I've used it several ways since buying it and experimenting with it a bit. It's definitely brilliant at taking off makeup, and cleanses well. I particularly like it as a second cleanse after my Trilogy Cream Cleanser. I've also used it as a mask, sometimes letting it sit on my face for an hour or two before bed time and sometimes it's even nice to put a little on as an overnight mask if my skin is feeling dehydrated. I think my favorite use is letting it sit on my face for a good bit before bed (after taking off makeup and first cleanse) and the washing it off at bedtime and finishing my routine.
It smells lovely, and it really does leave my skin feeling soft, and plump and in good condition. I am almost running out and panicking a bit, but luckily Cult Beauty ships internationally. This has become probably my top holy grail skincare product of the moment, I love it so, so much. It's definitely something I think could work with all skin types as a cleanser and mask. If you have an event or day where you need to look really good, this is the sort of product that makes an ideal mask to help your skin look amazing beforehand. I wish I had some Clarins Beauty Flash Balm left to see how a mask of this balm prior to Beauty Flash Balm would work in terms of making skin look like a million bucks.
But I digress.
If you're in the US, you can order it on Cult Beauty and I'd say if you can spare the £38, order it. It's seriously gorgeous and I've found it worth every pence.